How to ApplyApplication & Home Study Process
Application/Home Study Process, which helps you to determine if foster/adoptive parenting is a viable option for you and your family:
- Complete an Inquiry form online or by calling the agency at 330.941.8888
- Complete a home visit with the Inquiry worker
- Attend Pre-Service Training; the schedule is available on our website.
- Complete Autobiography for assignment of a Foster/Adoption Licensing Worker, which will be provided at Pre-Service Training or can be requested from our agency.
- Complete Application for Child Placement (JFS 01691), which will be provided upon completion of training from our agency.
- Mahoning County Children Services completes local police checks, and BCII and FBI checks for each applicant and adult household member.
- Applicants are advised when it is time to present the following:
- Personal references
- Proof of 5-year Ohio residency
- Health statements
- Water test (for wells only)
- Verifications of marriage, divorce, income, and automobile insurance
- Fire inspection of your home
- Financial Credit Check
- Individual and group interviews are held with all household members.